For 60 years, Lambert Tire Co. has been a multi-generational part of Carrollton families and the stories they tell: a farmer's tractor being rescued from a flat tire during planting season, our service truck saving travelers stranded in a freak ice storm, and the newly-married couple leaving Carrollton on their honeymoon 50 years ago with a new set of tires and brakes. Our shop is still a place for Carrolltonians to gather. Grandchildren come by for us to take care of their cars because their grandparents told them Lambert Tire Co. is the only place they have ever taken their cars.
Our location on Bankhead Ave. has been a Carrollton hub of activity and
local landmark since 1920 when a little store whose name has been lost to
time was built to sell gasoline and service automobiles. Later it was known
as "Jordan's" and by the late 1950s the store was known as "Boggs
Groceries" and was a favorite stop for children walking to and from school
to buy candy & snacks. Boggs was torn down in the 1960s by Bill Lambert to
build Lambert Tire Co.
The Lamberts were a well-known local family, both popular businessman Bill and his Carrollton Chief of Police and later Carroll County Sheriff brother Hugh Lee. Jack Edwards bought the business in 1981 to carry on the Lambert's tradition of caring for Carrollton and his sons Mark and Ash run the business today.